11/29/08

Cyber Monday

If you're anything like me, you'll avoid Black Friday Deals like the plague. Sure- you could buy that $500 camera you've been wanting (for $200), but you'll be forced to make difficult choices before you ever make it to said camera. Some questions you might have to seriously ask yourself include:
  • How physical am I willing to get? (Shoving? Punching? Biting?)
  • Should I come armed? (And if so, how much heat is too much heat to pack?)
  • Am I willing to kill another human being? (If the answer is "No," you won't cut it out there)
  • Which toolset should I bring to remove barriers? (I'd suggest some military grade C4.)
[Joking aside, the last 2 happened at Wal-Mart. Read the story here.]

Ok, I understand that the only way you'll get the things you need (read: want) right now is if you can get it at an amazing discount. That's fine! But what if I told you there's a little-known secret that will help you get some of things you wanted- at Black Friday discounts- but on a completely different day? [Go ahead and pick up your jaw off the floor] What if I also told you that not only are these deals available on a different/less-chaotic day, but you can make the purchases without ever leaving your house? [Not leaving home = increase chance of survival] I bet many of you would look me in the eye, and laugh me out the door. But everything I said is true- It's called "Cyber Monday."

Here's Wikipedia's take on Cyber Monday:
"The term "Cyber Monday" refers to the Monday immediately following Black Friday, the ceremonial kick-off of the holiday online shopping season in the United States between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Whereas Black Friday is associated with traditional brick-and-mortar stores, "Cyber Monday" symbolizes a busy day for online retailers."

So basically, Cyber Monday is the way to still get most of the amazing Black Friday deals without ever leaving your house. Now, think about all the money you can save to go along with your newly stockpiled smugness.

Also, many online sources are advocating different deals at different sites. Where can you start? Well, Mashable suggests 11 practical places to be sure to check for deals. Here's the list they suggest:

Hopefully, you've gained some information that you can use. In the comments below, let myself and others know if you have any other good information regarding "Cyber Monday."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites